First of all, it is necessary to Ascertain which circular saw is suitable for a particular job, as by the design of this tool there are:
- Stationary – really a system, which will be a saw mounted on a framework. Requires free space in the workshop, and sometimes another room. Designed such a round saw for permanent processing of timber, and in huge volumes.
- Table – the preceding version in miniature, installed on another workbench or desk, is also used for sawing a huge volume of timber, as an instance, during the building of the bath.
- Guide – a portable device, intended for processing workpieces in different planes. This is the most frequent type of round saw, however the strongest of the described. After working, it takes periodic break, and is used for sawing small amounts of material.
Hand-held tool is more flexible than static variants. It costs considerably more economical, but under specific conditions can cope with the exact tasks, though with less efficacy. When picking it, you ought to be guided by the criteria below.
According to the type of power source, circular electrical saws are divided into two classes:
- Networked – that they operate from a national electric network of 220 V. If we discuss professional machines, then they need a line of 380 V. The drawback of this connection option – the need to have an electricity grid in the place of work, in addition to a hassle of operation because of the wire.
- Vacuum – operate in standalone mode, even require the presence of a socket, but to control the battery, so their radius of operation isn’t confined by anything. Depending on battery capability, they can work on a single charge not more than 50 minutes.
The second option makes sense to purchase only if for any reason it’s impossible to use the mains saw. Form of work
Submersible saws – come in handheld and stationary versions. Their difference lies in the fact that the saw blade in the first position is over the workpiece, capable to descend to the centre. This permits you to begin cutting with the border of the material, cut through holes.
Metal round saws are strong models which are equipped with more durable or abrasive discs. Capable of cutting sheet steel, plumbing, profiles. A number of them handle wood equally well.
The width of the disk directly depends upon the ability of the saw’s electric engine. The stronger the tool, the larger the disc it’s in a position to rotate, the more stable the rotation frequency of the latter, the longer the duration of constant operation, the less probable the wedge. In addition, powerful saws permit you to process thicker substance, but they also are thicker. Therefore, as an instance, versions at two kW generally weigh 7 kg, whereas 1.2 kilowatt – about 4 kg.
According to the power gears could be divided as follows:
- As much as 0.8 kilowatt – low-powered tool for working with small workpieces.
- 0,8-1,2 kW – the tool of average power, is able to deal with many household tasks.
- Over 1,2 kW – generators for professional use.
The Way to Pick out a circular saw: professional tips
The bigger the diameter of the disk, the stronger the electrical motor has to be, the heavier the workpieces the saw may work with. Seating diameter is just another parameter that decides if a specific disk will match the selected saw. The most frequent standards below would be 20 and 30 mm.
At higher rates, less torque is necessary for sawing, which means dense substance is much easier to handle. Bear in mind that using higher RPM the temperature of the substance at the moyakovka.ru place of contact with the saw raises, the same plastic or laminate needs less RPM. Ideally, it’s much better to select a saw with adjustable speed.